There is tremendous value in queue management when it comes to the workflow of customer visits on educational campuses. If you’re in the education field or looking to visit schools for you or someone else, it can be exceptionally valuable to have queue software in place. This software can make the visit more informative, easier to navigate, and a more positive, interactive experience overall..
Having the convenience of the time-saving queue technology can make a huge difference in the day-to-day existence for existing students on campus and those looking to join a new university. The importance of queues in schools can easily be judged as an indication of how well-run a given institution is. Therefore, it’s in the best interest of the institution to create the best and most efficient queue services possible. And with any customer visit, individuals looking to tour, register. or find out more about the information a school has to offer, benefit from a more efficient and well-run software management system.
The Admissions area is a common area that will be visited by both current students as well as newly enrolled and prospective students. It can be positively daunting when first getting onto a large campus. It’s a vital part of the campus ecosystem in that it’s where students turn for answers to a wide range of questions having to do with their studies. With hundreds and often thousands of students looking to find answers simultaneously, it has the potential to turn into a massive twisting line of people waiting impatiently for help.
And because Admissions look to serve its students who visit as they would other customer visits, they too can feel the frustrations of being overwhelmed with too much information that needs to be organized as it is addressed. Like any smart business, campuses need to serve their students and customers in a reasonable, organized, and efficient manner. And with the proper queue software, Admissions can be easily turned into a headache-free endeavor.
What does this look like in practical application? Instead of having to wait forever in line in a cramped office with fifty other people waiting to speak with someone in Admissions, you as a customer, prospective student, or parent, can simply walk up to a dedicated tablet where you can easily enter a digital queue. There’s no need to take a number as you’re immediately put into an organized queue that can then notify you when it’s your turn to be helped.
Further, students can see their place in line with the aid of monitors utilized in the student management system. Knowing how long they have to wait can help all parties involved make better use of their time and energies, further keeping stress levels down and productivity up.
Schools often have dedicated transportation for students, as well. With larger sprawling universities, this inner-campus transport can be vital to everyone being able to easily commute to classes, dormitories, administration buildings, and beyond campus locations. But with queue software, even the bus systems can help to alleviate stress with queue notifications of departures and arrivals of public transportation. This further helps to reduce any negative associations with the experience of a campus visit and wait times.
More Areas Where Queue Software Streamlines Efficiency
Other vital areas where queue software can help with customer visits include:
- Testing Centers- For every opportunity that a student, administrator, or educator is involved in testing, having queue software can streamline and ease the process of testing. This can be done by intaking information on each individual involved in a quick and orderly fashion with substantially less wait time in assigning information to the individual.
- Libraries and Study Rooms- Giving both students and educators access to available space, resources, and content provided by the library can be more easily accessed and adapted with queue software. With a massive number of people all clamoring for the same content, especially around exam time, this can have extra value.
- Computer Labs- When there are a finite number of computers that are available to a student and educator population, having organized and accurate queues for access to these computers become vital.
- Dining Facilities On Campus- Everything from ordering meal plans to checking in meal vouchers, this information can also be easily accessed through queue software.
- Staff Office Hours- Connecting with specific professors, advisors, and other faculty can also become challenging when dealing with a large and busy student population. Add to that a dense list of curriculum and connecting for in-person or online meetings can become challenging. But with the right queue software, customer visits, student meetings, and advisor interactions can become easier to book, access, arrange, an even cancel.
- Financial Aid Office Improved Access- One of the most challenging aspects of attending a higher education institution is gaining access to not only the funds to go to school, but also managing the complex web of applications, paperwork, and legal and technical hoops that must be jumped through to obtain and then maintain proper aid status. One of the most powerful and rewarding moments for any student is when he or she realizes they have the money to go to school. A massive amount of work often goes into getting to that point, so queue software is incredibly important in helping to manage all aspects of communication with financial officers who help to facilitate the disbursement of funds to each individual student.
- Sporting Events
The possibilities are endless when it comes to how queue software can help facilitate faster service. When visitors are on campuses for sporting events, this software can be used for ticketing purchases, special events, and customer connection and retention.
- Hospitals and Other Public Services
Many universities have hospitals that offer services not only to students but to the larger community as a whole. The benefits of queue software kick into overdrive when customers visit these facilities. Whether it’s waiting for a doctor, making new appointments, or rescheduling existing ones, the benefits of patient care and queue software optimization are substantial.
Streamlining Every Experience- There are so many aspects to the educational institution that can benefit from a streamlined queue management system. With this comes the lifting of unnecessary burden on both students and staff. This, in turn, can easily make life easier for everyone.
The flexibility that mobile connectivity gives us today is greater than ever before. With more and more time being spent on our mobile devices, it only makes sense that we utilize this mobility in every way possible. The advantages of mobile queueing not only allow for literal mobility when waiting but also the flexibility to check-in, register, inquire, and utilize resources in an entirely new way.
This rapid acquisition of information serves not only the students but also potential customers who visit campuses for non-academic reasons as well. The way that this works in practice can look like a student or customer signing in to their queue, and when it’s their turn in line, they will be notified via SMS message (also known as a text message). Mobile queuing can also notify individuals via email and phone call as well.
This mobile queueing also has an incredibly intuitive user interface. So it minimizes the organizational disaster that can easily and often occur in long lines in real-life.
Another benefit is students and all others who are waiting in the queue are then free to move about the campus or office without being tethered to the site itself. With management being handled from a single queue management portal, it drastically reduces the workload on the staff as well.
Less Time Working On Lines, More Time Working To Improve The Campus Experience
When students and staff alike are better organized, it allows for more people to get the help they need in a shorter period of time. This then helps students to focus on studies and development of their education.
The benefits for the staff increase as well. Spending less time tied up in red tape means more time educating, advising, and working one-on-one with students and other staff. When resources are limited, which is often the case, this can become extra valuable.
Another fantastic feature in queueing software is the fact that it serves to process information more fairly. For example, in a computer classroom, there are often multiple students needing help simultaneously. By utilizing a mobile queue, the teacher is able to help the students in order of sign up. Further, in the case of administrative offices, the queue software makes it easy to direct students to the appropriate staff member who can properly help them.
In the case of customer visits, a single staff member can be put in charge as the primary customer service person for more routine inquiries, while more complicated requests can be designated to a proper adviser. All of this being done digitally and via mobile access continues to help streamline the interactive process, putting the right inquiries in the right queue.
This, of course, doesn’t preclude a person in real life adding people manually to the queue, and adding the human touch can also make the experience feel more personal as well.
Easy To Use
Most individuals are able to operate the system with very little training. This technology was created to be very user-friendly, easy to learn and operate. And for institutions that employ and educate individuals from all over the globe, quick and fluid comprehension of technological interfaces becomes essential.