With trends changing across the globe, the need to reduce no-shows from customers - or reduce costly administrative procedures - the appointment scheduling system market has expanded. As the population in the US grows, former processes and procedures for scheduling appointments become out-of-date. Multiple industries with large customer-facing interactions are in need of outstanding technology to manage their operations better, including appointment scheduling.
True for the medical and healthcare industry, as well in retail and education, technology should help businesses and organizations manage their online scheduling systems to serve an increasing number of patients, shoppers or students. Simultaneously, corporations want to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, which is critical to their success. Any forward-thinking business needs to implement the best appointment scheduling system to boost its performance as well as to respond to more customers’ needs efficiently.
How do appointment scheduling systems work in various industries? Can businesses leverage their operational costs and boost customer experience with the right appointment scheduling app? What solutions exist today to help businesses, shops, and educational organizations better manage their appointments with customers? Explore how appointment scheduling systems work in three industries which are retail, healthcare, and education.
Serving customers better in the retail industry
Mobile and online shopping are everywhere today. We could imagine that more and more customers would ditch their favorite stores to shop online. But the truth is different. In fact, 85% of customers still prefer to shop in-store or in malls over buying online.
There are several issues that still impede the customer experience in-store, which lead many brick-and-mortar organizations to lose time, money, and operational efficiency:
- 5 to 10 minutes is considered an acceptable waiting time for shoppers when they stand in the checkout line. But customers may lose patience when waiting in long queues, encouraging them to abandon their purchase and leave the store unhappy. Without an appointment scheduling system, customers may leave bad reviews related to your experience. The stats have shown that bad customer experience can lead a client to never coming back to a company. This drives business to your competitors.
- Long queues stress the staff who is unable to look after walk-in customers and cannot provide better customer service to existing customers. As a result, the employees are stressed or work under pressure to serve customers at their best but fail at maintaining a high level of courtesy or customer service. Staff optimization is another critical area retailers try to address but often fail to adjust or predict.
- The time customers wait in line could allow them more time to shop, resulting in more sales to your business. But with online scheduling, clients can wait and still shop at the same time.
The QLess retail appointment scheduling system addresses all of the critical issues faced by brick-and-mortar shops.
- Shoppers can join a virtual queue, leaving them enough room to either shop more or simply make a phone call or manage their time more efficiently. They receive notifications on when they can line up in the queue, resulting in better customer service and overall satisfaction.
- Customers can book a slot in the queue line when they arrive in the store if they are in a hurry and want to schedule an exact check-out time. QLess cloud-based online scheduling app helps clients manage their time better and provide a better shopping experience.
- Business managers and staff can collect data on their customers and create operations such as in-store promotions to serve their clients, as they remove operational costs and time dealing with long queues. The appointment scheduling system developed by QLess provides an outstanding rationalization of business operations and drives sustainable growth.
Managing Patient Appointments In The Healthcare Industry
The demand for healthcare services is scheduled to increase. As the number of people over 65 continues to grow, they will need more services in the health and wellness industry. But do organizations have the financial, human, or technical resources to handle more bookings?
In the healthcare industry, pharmacies, hospitals, clinics, and private doctors are struggling to manage patient’s appointments efficiently for three reasons:
- They lack an efficient appointment scheduling system that can book patients’ appointments in a timely, professional fashion while reducing their administrative costs.
- They seek a way to make the patients experience better in waiting rooms instead of focusing on reducing the wait times. Patients can spend a lot of time and get stressed or frustrated when they need to wait longer.
- They want to create more open lines of communication with clients, but rely on archaic methods to contact them. Autodialer phone systems and even appointment reminder postcards just do not work as well as an online appointment scheduling systems.
QLess is capable of addressing current appointment scheduling issues the global healthcare sector face and can dramatically influence patient care in multiple ways:
- Patients can join a virtual queue thanks to QLess cloud-based technology where they receive up-to-date, on-time information about their appointment. They are notified when their turn is next, reducing their stress and improving their overall experience.
- Patients can book the best slots on a calendar, leaving them more room to choose or change their next appointment. Doing this improves the online scheduling experience.
- Doctors can better manage their appointments with an updated calendar that prevents no-shows and encourages an efficient organization. Administrative costs decrease as the system captures every relevant data related to the appointments, leaving the staff more autonomy or freedom to exercise their job.
Providing Superior Campus Experiences To Students
Colleges, universities, and campuses also need the best appointment scheduling system to provide students with a better experience. For example, students may need to access various services on campus such as the registrar or scheduling offices.
Unique challenges that universities face regarding lines and appointments:
- Measuring or increasing students’ overall satisfaction and happiness when they use any of the services provided on campus. Angry students who have had to wait in long lines can complain if they have to wait too long in queues.
- Alleviating redundant or stressful tasks for staff members when they serve students at peak times or when they cannot serve every student due to lack of time.
- Managing appointments for staff members. Not every teacher can find time to personally manage their appointment scheduling with every student, and if they could, they would love to provide best-in-class communication and follow-up messages.
QLess helps universities and colleges increase student satisfaction by eliminating waiting-lines on campuses with an appointment scheduling system. The solution has several important features to better manage services provided to students such as:
- The dashboard helps students access relevant information about their appointment, leaving them free to either wait or do another activity. They can access a virtual queue that notifies them about waiting times or places in the queue, liberating them from stress. They can arrive on-time to meet their appointment and not feel rushed or not well taken care of.
- The students’ appointment calendar is up-to-date and doesn’t conflict with any other scheduled appointment. The online scheduling application is capable to book appointments for students on their behalf and can filter appointments by location and resources — which is another great asset of the QLess appointment scheduling system.
- The interactive mobile queuing not only enables students to better manage their time but provides them with the ability to request more time or to send notifications if they are running late to the appointment. As such, communication is improved in both ways, for the students and for the service provider, tutor or academic teacher on the campus. The campus life simply gets better and services run smoother thanks to the app.
The technology developed by QLess has already achieved great success among many industry leaders and smaller businesses or organizations. The cloud-based appointment scheduling system can increase customer satisfaction and reduce walk-aways due to long waiting lines. Be the next to boost your customer experience positively. Efficiently manage your appointments, expand your revenues, and lower your operating costs. Request a demo to start using QLess technology and improve your company’s overall performance.